Native Plant School: Small Space Native Plant Gardens
February 8th, 2020 - 9:00am - 10:30am
Dyck Arboretum of the Plains
177 West Hickory
Native perennial beds don’t have to be big to be beneficial — this class focuses on small space design techniques and petite plant selection.
All classes are $10 per person, or $40 when you register for all five classes by January 31st. Members receive a discount or may use a coupon by calling or emailing the Arboretum office, depending on their membership level. Check the back of your membership card for your membership level’s benefits.
Native Plant School Winter 2020 Schedule:
- Feb 1 | 9 am – Trees, Shrubs and Vines of Kansas
- Feb 6 | 7 pm & Feb 8 | 9 am – Small Space Native Gardens (choose one class session)
- Feb 22 | 9 am – Weed Identification and Control
- Feb 27 | 7 pm & Feb 29 | 9 am – Buffalo Grass Lawns (choose one class session)
- Mar 26 | 7 pm – Rain Gardens
The Dyck Arboretum of the Plains offers numerous workshops that encourage the use of native plants in landscaping. Native plants are drought tolerant, ornamental, and provide food and shelter to wildlife. A landscape rich with native plants can be enjoyed for its beauty and the wealth of birds and pollinators it attracts.