Native Plant School: Buffalo Grass Lawns
March 5th, 2020 - 7:00pm - 8:30pm
Dyck Arboretum of the Plains
177 West Hickory
Native Plant School for this evening has been POSTPONED to next Thursday, March 5!
If you were registered for tonight’s class or planning to come, we invite you to attend the class on Saturday morning (Feb 29) or next Thursday!
A primer course on how to prepare, install and maintain a water-wise native buffalo grass lawn.
All classes are $10 per person, or $40 when you register for all five classes by January 31st. Members receive a discount or may use a coupon by calling or emailing the Arboretum office, depending on their membership level. Check the back of your membership card for your membership level’s benefits.
Native Plant School Winter 2020 Schedule:
- Feb 1 | 9 am – Trees, Shrubs and Vines of Kansas
- Feb 6 | 7 pm & Feb 8| 9 am – Small Space Native Gardens (choose one class session)
- Feb 22 | 9 am – Weed Identification and Control
- Mar 5 | 7 pm & Feb 29 | 9 am – Buffalo Grass Lawns (choose one class session)
- Mar 26 | 7 pm – Rain Gardens
The Dyck Arboretum of the Plains offers numerous workshops that encourage the use of native plants in landscaping. Native plants are drought tolerant, ornamental, and provide food and shelter to wildlife. A landscape rich with native plants can be enjoyed for its beauty and the wealth of birds and pollinators it attracts.