Dyck Arboretum of the Plains in central Kansas is an ideal location for your outdoor wedding ceremony and outdoor/indoor wedding reception. Find more photos on our Pinterest boards and WeddingWire listing.Wedding Packages
Our gorgeous prairie landscape provides multiple locations for wedding ceremonies, and beautiful backdrops for wedding photos. Our two rental facilities provide beautiful spaces for a reception or indoor ceremony at competitive rates.
Favorite areas in the gardens for ceremonies are the willow tree, the amphitheater and the buffalo grass lawn. The tapestry of flowers and grasses changes with each season offering its palette of texture and colors. In the spring, the purple spiderwort, white and pink penstemon, and yellow Missouri evening primrose are the centerpieces of the garden. In summer, the array of wildflowers runs the gamut of the color wheel; in fall the bronze and amber grasses intermingle with the purple asters and goldenrod. Winter presents nature’s architecture outlined by frost, white against the gray- browns of seedheads and branches.
An arbor placed beside the lake, lights or fabric outlining the path to the willow, a sign pointing the way to the amphitheater, small touches are all that is needed to use nature’s beauty for your special day.
- Smoking and the use of alcoholic beverages are strictly prohibited in the building and on the Arboretum grounds.
- The floors in both facilities are carpeted. NO RED PUNCH, please!
- Do not staple, tack, or tape anything on the walls. Tacky gum may be used to attach decorations to walls.
- No open flames are allowed in the building or on the grounds. Candles in tall protective jars are okay.
- Attached is a list of our policies. We suggest you read through these and contact us if you have questions. One common question is “Can we have candles inside or outside?” Inside “yes, in containers.” Outside, we look at the weather conditions and monitor those along with you. Whenever possible, we want you to have your wishes come true!
“Both the grounds and the rental rooms are beautiful. One of the reasons we felt completely comfortable scheduling an outdoor wedding is due to the large windows of the rental facilities – even if weather prohibited an outdoor wedding, you would still be in a gorgeous setting and essentially feel outdoors. The Arboretum staff are friendly and helpful, and really allowed us to create our day so that is was uniquely special to us. Dyck Arboretum is a wonderful wedding venue for a couple that would like to be surrounded by nature and have a lot of do-it-yourself personal touches.”
Bride from Wichita, Kansas