- Members are admitted free of charge.
- Adults – $2.00 per visit
- Children under 12 – $1.00 per visit
- Photographers, please consult our photography policy.
Your general admission fees help us grow our gardens!
General admission may be placed in the brown metal payment pole located at the southeast corner of the Visitor Center, or brought in to the receptionist during Visitor Center open hours.
Self-guided tours are welcome anytime during daylight hours. Guided tours may be arranged for groups of 10 or more persons by calling (620) 327-8127.
- $4.00 per student
- $2.00 per chaperone
Educational field trips feature fun, hands-on activities that can focus on a variety of STEAM, Common Core, and Next Generation Science Standards-based curriculum measures. Fall, spring, and summer activities guided by staff and pulled from our award-winning Earth Partnership for Schools Program curriculum will help teach students about plants, animals, and soils of the prairie. $4 per student (includes admission fee). Complexity of themes can be adapted for preschool age kids, K-12 students, or college students. Contact education coordinator Brad Guhr (firstname.lastname@example.org) for reservations.
Hours of Operation
Arboretum Visitors are welcome year round, 7 days a week, sunrise to sunset. Children must always be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Visitor Center Hours
- Mon – Fri 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Saturdays 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. (May 1 – Oct 15 only)/ CLOSED in the off-season
- Sundays CLOSED
The Visitor Center is closed to the public from December 24 through the first Monday in January.
- Alcohol and tobacco products are strictly prohibited on the arboretum grounds and in the buildings.
- No fishing.
- Patrons using bikes, skateboards or roller blades must ALWAYS yield to those on foot.
- Children must always be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Pet owners are required to clean up after their animals. Those who do not follow this policy will lose the privilege of bringing pets onto the grounds.
- Dogs at the Arboretum: Dogs need to be kept on a leash at ALL TIMES.
Fees for Arboretum members:
- Either the photographer or those being photographed should be a current member.
- A $50 annual membership fee can be paid online here.
Fees for non-members:
- $15 fee per session for paid professional photographers
- $2 per adult and $1 per child (12 and under) general admission for unpaid/amateur portrait photographers
Scheduling and Payment:
- Fees can be paid in the office during business hours or in the admission pole located along the path. Memberships can be obtained in the office or online.
- In order to avoid conflicts with scheduled events and rentals on the grounds, ALL portrait photography, including prom pictures and informal family sessions, must be scheduled ahead of time by calling the Arboretum office (620-327-8127) or emailing email@example.com.
Photography Etiquette at the Arboretum:
- No large props (furniture, etc.) allowed.
- Stay on the paths or in the grassy lawn areas.
- Do not walk or sit in the flower beds.
Located in Hesston, Kansas, exit Interstate 135 at Lincoln Blvd., exit 40.
35 miles north of Wichita or 60 miles south of Interstate 70/Salina, KS.