Members are admitted free of charge.
Adults – $2.00 per visit
Children under 12 – $1.00 per visit
Your general admission fees help us grow our gardens!
General admission may be placed in the brown metal payment pole located at the southeast corner of the Visitor Center, or brought in to the receptionist during Visitor Center open hours.
Self-guided tours are welcome anytime during daylight hours. Guided tours may be arranged for groups of 10 or more persons by calling (620) 327-8127.
Hours of Operation
Arboretum Visitors are welcome year round, 7 days a week, sunrise to sunset. Children must always be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Visitor Center Hours
- Mon – Fri 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The Visitor Center is closed to the public from December 24 through the first Monday in January.
Seasonal Visitor Center Hours (May 1 – Oct 15)
- Saturdays 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Sundays CLOSED
- Alcohol and tobacco products are strictly prohibited on the arboretum grounds and in the buildings.
- No fishing.
- Patrons using bikes, skateboards or roller blades must ALWAYS yield to those on foot.
- Children must always be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Pet owners are required to clean up after their animals. Those who do not follow this policy will lose the privilege of bringing pets onto the grounds.
- Dogs at the Arboretum: Dogs need to be kept on a leash at ALL TIMES.
- The Dyck Arboretum of the Plains requires all portrait photographers to schedule all photo sessions. Please use our contact us form or inquire in the Visitor Center about existing scheduled events before planning a portrait session at the arboretum.
- In addition, photographers who would like to use the grounds for photo sessions are asked to obtain an annual family-level membership ($50 annually) OR to contribute $15 per session to the arboretum. Please inquire in the Visitor Center about obtaining a membership.
- The policy applies to all amateur and professionals engaged in portrait photography at the arboretum. Nature photography does not require a permit, as long as there are no people in the photos.
Located in Hesston, Kansas, exit Interstate 135 at Lincoln Blvd., exit 40.
35 miles north of Wichita or 60 miles south of Interstate 70/Salina, KS.