The Prairie Sleeps: November 29 from 5:30 to 8 pm. (Friday and Saturday are SOLD OUT)
Experience the quiet beauty of Kansas in winter: dormant native grasses shifting in the wind, lights reflecting in our pond, and leafless trees lit from below like living sculptures. Observing tens of thousands of twinkle lights adorning the Arboretum path and illuminating our grounds is a great way to kick off the holiday season and find renewed appreciation for the prairie landscape around us.
Tickets (click button above)
- $5 for Adults
- FREE for children ages 0 to 12
COVID-19 safety guidelines for all attendees:
- Choose and purchase tickets in advance for one of five half-hour slots to help us evenly distribute attendees each evening;
- Wear face masks at all times while on the Arboretum grounds;
- Keep at least six feet of distance from people not in your household group;
- 6-foot physically distanced groups may have no more than 10 people each according to the latest Harvey County Mass Gathering Limit Order;
- Walk around the path in a clockwise fashion (Traffic Flow Map);
- The Prairie Pavilion will feature outdoor viewing only (think snow globe!) of Pallet-Palooza and live music – observe briefly and move along to make way for others;
- A tribute luminary (an additional $5 donation) can be lit and placed in the circular outdoor patio between the buildings;
- There will be no indoor spaces for gathering and restrooms will be available only for emergencies;
- Tickets are only available online or by calling the office in advance.