The Prairie Sleeps: December 4, 5 & 6 from 5:30 to 8 pm.
Experience the quiet beauty of Kansas in winter: dormant native grasses shifting in the wind, lights reflecting in our pond, and leafless trees lit from below like living sculptures. Observing tens of thousands of twinkle lights adorning the Arboretum path and illuminating our grounds is a great way to kick off the holiday season and find renewed appreciation for the prairie landscape around us.
COVID-19 safety guidelines for all attendees:
- Choose and purchase tickets for one of five half-hour slots to help us even distribute attendees each evening;
- Wear face masks at all times while on the Arboretum grounds;
- Keep at least six feet of distance from people not in your household group;
- Circulate around the path in a clockwise flow of traffic;
- There will be no indoor spaces for gathering and restrooms will be available only for emergencies;
- Tickets are only available online or by calling the office in advance.
Thank you for following these guidelines and helping us make this a safe and enjoyable event!
- $5 for Adults
- FREE for children ages 0 to 12