Prairie Lights (1st of two weekends)
November 25th, 2022 - November 27, 2022
Dyck Arboretum of the Plains
177 West Hickory
Hesston, KS 67062
November 25, 26 (RAIN CANCELLATION) and 27 from 5:30 to 8 pm.
Experience the quiet beauty of Kansas in winter: dormant native grasses shifting in the wind, lights reflecting in our pond, and leafless trees lit from below like living sculptures. Observing tens of thousands of twinkle lights adorning the Arboretum path and illuminating our grounds is a great way to kick off the holiday season and find renewed appreciation for the prairie landscape around us.
Advanced tickets required (please read guidelines below):
- $5 for Adults
- FREE for children ages 0 to 12
- Members may use their coupon code at checkout to receive member discount
- Non-refundable, non-transferable
Program in Pavilion “Snow Globe” (6:15 to 8 p.m.):
This year’s theme, “Welcoming Winter”, will showcase dioramas and performers reflecting cultures that have shaped and continue to contribute to our community – Native American, African American, Latinx and Germanic/European.
Each evening, programming in the Pavilion “Snow Globe” will alternate between storytelling and music. Storytellers from Hesston Public Library and Newton Public Library will read children’s stories at 6:15, 7:00 and 7:45. Musical groups will perform for 30 minutes at 6:30 and 7:15 pm.
- Friday, November 25: Ken Rodgers, pianist
- Saturday, November 26: Outside the “Bachs” – Joan Griffing (violin) and Les Nicholas (clarinet)
- Sunday, November 27: Wichita War Dancer