FloraKansas Spring Native Plant Festival
April 24th, 2020 - April 27, 2020
Dyck Arboretum of the Plains
177 West Hickory
Hesston, Kansas 67062
Spring gardening is NOT cancelled. However…
Arboretum staff are still working hard to get our FloraKansas Native Plant Sale ready, but have made the decision to postpone our in-person festival/sale portion of the event until further notice.
We are excited, however, to offer an alternative plan to put plants in your hands and still help you fulfill your spring native plant gardening goals!
We greatly appreciate your support and will notify you of any other changes to this schedule in the coming weeks. Please know that Dyck Arboretum of the Plains sincerely appreciates your support and your friendship.
FloraKansas, social distancing style:
- We will be taking plant orders, pulling plants for you, and scheduling a time convenient for you to pick them up at Dyck Arboretum.
- For those who are unable to pick up orders, please let us know and we will see what we can organize for delivery or coordination with others in your area.
- Orders will be taken on a first-come, first-served basis and lined up in queue for us to fulfill as soon as possible.
- First priority will be given to our Dyck Arboretum members, but we plan to do our very best to eventually fulfill the native wildflower, grass, sedge, tree, and shrub needs of all our community patrons.
- If you are needing assistance in choosing plants for your site, please include your questions in your message and one of our expert staff or volunteers will follow up with you by email or phone to provide consultation – much like you would typically experience in the greenhouse, just from a distance.
- To limit personal contact, an invoice will be emailed for each pre-order that can be paid online, or a check may be mailed to the Arboretum.
Please submit your order by using the Contact Us form and be sure to leave us your phone and email. In your message, include the names (including species name) and quantities of the plants you would like.
Ways to prepare your order:
- If you aren’t currently a member, or need to renew your membership, save yourself some time at the sale and take care of it using our Online Membership Form. Then just come ready to take advantage of your coupons or discount (10% discount for Steward Membership Level and above)!
- Download and peruse the 2020 Native Plant Guide (includes the FloraKansas Plant List!)
- Browse our Native and Adaptable Plant Library
- Read up on a variety of native plant topics in our Prairie Notes Blog!
- Finally, CONTACT US to ask our advice and to submit your pre-order, including plant variety names and quantities desired! Remember, plant pre-orders will be fulfilled in the order received, with priority given to current Arboretum members.