April 27th, 2018 - April 30, 2018
8:00am - 5:00pm
Dyck Arboretum of the Plains
177 West Hickory
Hesston, Kansas 67062
Our customers find plants at affordable prices and enjoy supporting the mission of the arboretum. Our repeat customers tell us how pleased they are by the quality of our plants – and how well these plants are adapted to Kansas’ challenging climate. Those who live with hard Kansas clay, wet in the spring and dry in the summer, tell us these plants not only survive – they thrive!
Hundreds of varieties of plants are available, many locally grown. Knowledgeable staff and volunteers are on hand to answer questions and give suggestions.
Staff and volunteers will encourage you to select plants that will develop into a ‘permanent’ garden, one that will come back year after year and will thrive without constant watering or frequent applications of pesticides and fertilizer. This kind of prairie garden is resilient to wind and drought and will reward you with four seasons of continuous beauty. Butterflies, songbirds, hummingbirds and many beneficial pollinators will share in this innovative and ecologically balanced oasis.
All proceeds from the plant sales support the mission of the arboretum.
Native Plant Talks & Tours
Saturday, April 28
Meet in front of the Visitor And Education Center for all Talks and Tours.
- 9 a.m. – Scott’s Plant Picks for 2018
- 10 a.m. – Rain Gardens
- 10:30 a.m. – Prairie Window Reconstruction
- 11:00 a.m. – Shade Garden
- 11:30 a.m. – Bird Watch Area
- 1:00 p.m. – Butterfly Garden
- 1:30 p.m. – Our Mother’s Garden
- 2:00 p.m. – Xeric Garden
- 2:30 p.m. – Art in the Garden
Ways to Prepare for the FloraKansas Spring Plant Sale:
- If you aren’t currently a member, or need to renew your membership, save yourself some time at the sale and take care of it using our Online Membership Form. Then just come ready to take advantage of your 10% membership discount at the Members Only Day and for the Public Days!
- Download and peruse the Native Plant Guide 2018!
- Browse our Native and Adaptable Plant Library
- Attend one of our Native Plant School Classes and let us help you design your plot!